It was very inspiring to see so many Utahns (and maybe others) who ran the 5k or walked the 1 mile route. Each participant is given the opportunity to pin a pink paper on their back that says "In memory of..." or "In celebration on..." and as we ran, it was cool so see who everyone knew who fought the battle of breast cancer.
If you look closely, you see how the street is filled with people as far as you can even see the street. This race was so packed, it took us nearly 5 minutes just to cross the starting line!On a lighter note, we also enjoyed the shirts that were made with light-hearted sayings. I guess if I was facing breast cancer, I would want to be as light-hearted as possible and what better way to do it than joke about it. Some of the funnier sayings were, "Christi's Rack Pack, " or " Save the Ta Tas." Haha, I love it!
This will probably be something I do again each year. 3.1 miles isn't too far, I want to be in good enough shape to always be able to run it and Race for the Cure!
After the race. By the way, my shirt was not my size since I didn't get to pick the size myself.
After the race. By the way, my shirt was not my size since I didn't get to pick the size myself.
3 comments:
Sweet! Your a great running partner! Love ya!
You are amazing!! I don't even know if I could have walked that far!! You go girl! I love the pictures by the way....seriously you look really cute!
you look hot and athletic after your morning run...dont' sweat it...haha. i hope you are doing well. i miss you. :)
Post a Comment